Monday, February 18, 2008

quotes to think on

I have come across some quotes I like quite well .......Vea

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

" I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson

" Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson

"Those who sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither." - Thomas Jefferson


About right now, I am thinking that Thomas Jefferson was one of the greatest men to ever live. No wonder he was one of the great builders of our country. Now for one more quote from another Thomas.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

1 comment:

Stangrider63 said...

Ahh the man was a true genius. The more I learn about Jefferson the more I admire him.