Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Kids Out East

Hey, this is Emma and Barrett. We are out in Maryland again for the winter. We are hoping that maybe we can figure out some way to hit Missouri for Christmas, but I'm not sure that it is very likely--we aren't the high-rollers that we look like (tee-hee!) We are back in the cottage called "the blueberry" and I am just ecstatic to be in a HOUSE. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly happy camping about and all that jazz (though, I always miss having an oven) it's just that it's getting cold and it is SO nice to have hot running water, solid walls, a place to set up my sewing and LEAVE it up, and yes an oven too. So, Natalie, the next time you feel like complaining about doing the dishes, just be happy that you don't have to first haul the water in a jug, set it up on saw-horses, and wash the dishes in the rain when there is ice floating in the dish water and the sponge is frozen solid. Hahaha, it sounds horrible, but when it was that cold, I just heated the water on the stove. Anyway, it was fun, but I am excited to be in a house.

Thanksgiving is all too soon for me. I hadn't realized that the holidays were not only close but HERE! Basically, I'm doing half the dinner and my mother-in-law is doing the other half; it makes everything so simple. There will only be the four of us, but that didn't stop me from making four pies...and a shepherd's pie...and I have extra pie crust--just in case. I am also in charge of the turkey (which came from whole foods), the cranberry relish (which I made with one of our 3 grinders--it turns out we didn't need to being another because we had packed 2 away; who knew?), and the hot punch. i feel like I am getting off all too easy this year, but I am thankful for in-laws who don't mind me using their kitchen as well as their groceries all the time. ...I think we are out of butter...

I started a blog, but no one should expect anything terribly exciting just yet. I have been pretty busy moving into a HOUSE and working on Christmas, and I imagine I will continue to work on Christmas till I can't wait till it's over with--so...don't expect too much just yet. I intend to have Beaver Rebellion cartoons, articles on why my brain works better than the average 20-year-olds', pictures of all the crazy stuff that I'm doing, including food, aprons, skirts, dolls, recipes, and whatever else I feel like! I just have to figure out this goofey blog stuff--it seems like I can't get anything to look right and I havn't even started. bleh! By the way, the address is:
www.beaverrebellion.blogspot.com

Anyway, Barrett and I are VERY happy, we canoe everyday accross the river to take care of our two crazy horses; I am making up for all the times I didn't have an oven this last summer and fall; we have internet access and like to hop on that crazy WoW game, we have access to the best thirft store I have ever been to, and Barrett is always happy to indulge me in all kinds of wacky clothing and house-wares (he bought me a child's book called "Kate and the Devil" because the girl on the front had long red hair and an apron full of stuff--it turned out to be a really good book; it was a quarter), we have a nice time visiting his folks who always seem happy to see us and have plenty of tasks for tall, strong sons and many pants that need to be hemmed by stubby daughter-in-laws. They don't even think I'm a mooch when I use all the Mrs. Myer's lavender laundry detergent. -gling!-

So, we love you all and hope to see you in the near future. We also want to remind you that any of my fam is welcome, incouraged, and anticipated to come out to Maryland, stay in a cottage right by the water and go canoeing, boating, thrifting, site-seeing, and whatever else to heart's content! I'm counting on Lynn's love of boats, Jill's affinity for thrift stores, Todd's dreams of becoming a trecherous pirate, and Mom and Dad selling their house, having wads of cash, and wanting to take a road trip to see their two favorite vagabond children. C'mon guys! I can see the water from this window! and THIS window! and this one, and this one, and this one, and....Oh, and THIS one!
...Barrett's parents are very curious to see where I came from and why I like sandwiches so much. So...let me think of some more insentive, and I'll get back to you all later!

--Lemons and Barrett

1 comment:

Rebecca Adams said...

Hey Emma! If you read this comment, I noticed you said you hop onto that crazy WoW game occasionally. Ryan and I play that crazy game too! What realm are you on? How often do you play? We actually run a guild on Uther. Fun stuff! :)